I do remember some discussions on accessing the BBS during non-prime times,
that may be 11pm to 4am for local times, I don't know.  But if someone wants
to get on the BBS between those hours I won't care one bit, I'll be
sleeping.  I know I don't see much real activity at my location at 5am until
it gets closer to the US east coast.  Your other post about the ISS BBS was
in error, we were not using the BBS just the ISS digipeater.

Anyone else's opinions on the best times to access the BBS?

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Kevin Deane <summit...@live.com> wrote:

> So the general opinion on here and from some people across the world is
> that using the BBS ruins the pass for basicly everyone in the footprint.
> Well after my friend in Reno could not get a message on while I was on the
> BBS and myself while he was on it, I can see the truth of the matter is
> clear. I am new to radio and Packet/APRS, learning and having fun.
>
> I will just have fun blastin away at the message board and hope to catch
> someone at there keyboard. I do sympathize with anyone who was not able to
> get on while I was getting messages from actual people that helped me get
> started with Packet in France and the Czech Republic.
>
> I will stay off the BBS, unless in the future if I find someone who wishes
> to have a Digi Qsl via ISS BBS who is outside my footprint, then at least I
> will KNOW I am being selfish and will enjoy hogging the ISS only just a
> little bit less now.
>

> Kevin
> KF7MYK

AB9RU