Hi Mike.

Full duplex is where you can receive the signal from the satellite at the same
time as you are transmitting up to it.

It allows you to hear your own signal through the satellites transponder. So
you know if your signal made it, or if it was submerged under someone else who
was transmitting at the same time.

Full duplex radios are the exception, but well worth having.

Another method is to use 2 simlex radios to get the same result.

David G0MRF

I'm having a difficult time of understanding the concept of Full Duplex. Can
anyone explain it to me? I have the ARRL satellite book, read about it in
there and Wikipedia. I still didn't understand how it works with a
transceiver setup like we use.

=