Hello Tom Doyle!

We worked Oscar 8, mode J on 23mar82 at 1520Z...I've got  #219
entered in the remarks column, whatever that means, maybe Mode J
club???  With a check in the qsl column so I assume we exchanged cards..

So you can count San Diego county if that still works???

Counties to me mean hunting boundaries..

Lots of familiar calls....any other OT's still around??

I have done the same thing with my logbooks over the past 31 years,
with quite a few big gaps....FM seems to make sort of a buzzing in my
fillings???

>If you have not been on satellites for a really long time (> 20 years) you
>may find this interesting. It explains why us old geezers say the old days
>were amazing. If you were on decades ago it may bring back memories.
>
>I have been getting back into hamming after a long hiatus and have been
>listening to the satellites for a month or two while working on a controller
>project and decided it was time to try and make a contact. Thanks to K4MOA
>and W5MPC, today I made my first sat contacts in a very long time. A little
>later I almost made a cw contact (used my trusty old J-38 key) on another
>sat but lost him. I told you this was interesting and really exciting.
>
>Thought I had better log the contacts and started looking for a logbook.
>Found a old slightly yellowed logbook with Oscar-10 written on the cover. As
>a group we hams (including me) are pretty cheap so I had saved this logbook
>because there were empty pages still left in it. I entered my new contacts
>on a fresh page (decided to splurge) and then looked back and found it was
>my first sat contact since 1983. I know you are still waiting for the
>exciting part.
>
>Here is a typical page from the log. I am in Wisconsin and believe it or not
>I had pile ups of europeans wanting to work Wisconsin of all things. It was
>a real thrill. Times change and I now have two grid squares - not sure what
>they are for but I have two and feel the need for more. There are 29 empty
>pages left in the logbook so I am good to go. Hope to work you.
>
>http://www.tomdoyle.org/satellite/Amsat-1983.jpg
>
>73 tom... W9KE

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguim...@san.rr.com