Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder (and before the flood of ARISSat emails in the list
tomorrow!), this weekend I'll be heading out to the California Lost
Coast to work the satellites from that rare grid CM79.  CM79 has no
roads, no power, no houses, nothing but lots and lots of ocean and a
small triangle of mountainous forest.  Plans are to operate right from
the northeast tip of CM79 so if all goes well I'll be providing four
grids at once:  CM79, CM89, CN70, and CN80.

Weather looks reasonable (cloudy mornings, sunny afternoons) for
portable solar-powered operation.  I'll operate on Sunday August 7th
and Monday August 8th, and I've posted a list of potential passes on
my blog.  Operation will be during local daylight only, due to the
remoteness of the area I don't want to be hiking down off that
mountain after dark!

I'll aim to work all available satellites -- AO-51 (if it keeps going
strong like it has been), SO-50, and AO-27 for FM.  VO-52, FO-29, and
AO-07 (primarily mode B) for SSB.  If ARISSat is up and running I'll
try to get on that too, depending on congestion and satellite
performance.

I'll have my SPOT Locator beacon with me, so my exact location should
be available from the link on my QRZ web page.  If the current beacon
position shows that I'm right at the intersection of -124 and 40
degrees, likely I'll be available on the sats as they go by.

More details on my website at http://kb5wia.blogspot.com

73!  de Dave KB5WIA