> The ARISSat-1 space craft was deployed from the ISS today at 1443 EDT (1843
> UTC) after a hold based upon questions about the 70cm antenna.

On a frame by frame replay it was even very evident that the satellite has been
thrown away just by watching the swing of the central long
whip. As the first spacesuit sat issues we will have to have VERY HIGH ERP to
be able to be heard on ARISSat-1 in the event of the
unconfirmed "yet" UHF antenna status. It was very apparent they want to regain
their late time in hurry and they seems to have broken
something (Very hard to see even in a frame by frame view as the images are
most of the time fuzzy in that mode) in their EVA tool and
equipment reteriving from the air lock. Something hit the antenna but the
images after this collision are too fuzzy to be able to verify if
any dammages where present. They where not even sure how many antenna where
installed on it!!!!!

MY EDUCATED GUESS

They broke the UHF antenna in their hurry to get rid of this BOX and they let
it go as it was not an essential task!

It will now be interresting to know wich mode are activated to be able to focus
our listening task on the right place.

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE