John,

     It is not hard, once you get it set up :)  I have been doing it for
some time now.  I always start folks here:

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/N5JB.pdf

The two fields you really need and don't already have are:

Propagation Mode: <PROP_MODE:3>SAT
Satellite Name: <SAT_NAME:4>AO-7 (example)

I also like to add
<BAND_RX:2>2M (example)

Adding the fields is done by clicking

Settings |
UTC, QTH, Date Options|

Then you will want to change the title of a couple of "other" fields as
follows:

SAT_NAME

PROP_MODE

I chose to name another

BAND_RX

Click Done

Next you will probably want to alter your display by clicking

Setting |
Edit Fields Displayed, Position and Tab Order|

Arrange it so you like it.......

After this upload will do exactly what you want.  LOTW is very picky make
sure your Info is correct AO-51 works AO 51 will not!

73,
Joe kk0sd