I thought the members of the list would be glad to read the following
from Bob, WB4SON, written on the funcube list:

"Guys I keep reading false rumors here about big-guns or high power
needed to access ARISSAT. That is NOT correct. I had no issue hearing
my signal on the downlink. I'm using omnidirectional low gain antennas
(egg beaters) and 5 watts produced a S8 signal that was at least 5 S
units above the noise. I have NO doubt 1 watt will produce a fine
downlink signal

What did or did not happen during the launch makes no difference now
as it is working fantastically well

Try it. Enjoy it. No worries!!!"

73, Bruce
VE9QRP