Hi Ray!

I wasn't calling CQ on the last pass at 1509-1517 UTC.
As I expected, I could not hear myself through the
transponder on this lower pass (maximum elevation
15 degrees). I copied more CW telemetry at 145.920,
one CW signal near the center of the transponder,
and listened a bit to the 145.950 FM/SSTV downlink.
I got the secret word and a couple of SSTV images
that I will feed into my laptop at home later. Signals
were good, especially when I twisted my Elk log
periodic s-l-o-w-l-y to compensate for the fading,
which didn't seem as pronounced as on the earlier
pass. My radios on both passes were my two
FT-817NDs that I normally use for SSB/CW satellite
work, both connected to the same antenna via a
2m/70cm diplexer.

Even without the 70cm antenna, this seems to be a
fun satellite. If I get a shot at a pass with higher
elevation, I'm sure I can make QSOs with my 5W
station. I will also try copying 145.950 at home
tonight, with a radio and antenna in my apartment.
Thanks to all who worked to get this in orbit and
on the air!

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/