Same here.  Keyspan USA-19HS and USA-19HW both work great for me, but have not
tried it with the CT-17.  I'm plugging directly in to an FT-847, and using
MacDoppler to also control it as well as my LVB Tracker on my Yaesu 5500.
Good, solid combo.  If you're into some experimentation, you can buy a little
FTDI FT-232 breakout board from Sparkfun electronics and wire up your own USB
to TTL converter.  Cheap and very reliable as well, and I've used these for a
number of ham control projects.  If memory serves right, the FT-232 chip is
what's used in the USB interface for the LVB Tracker:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/718

73,

Dave - K7DAA