Hi All,

I've been recording quite a few passes of ARISSat-1 using the Funcube Dongle
(FCD) SDR and the HDSDR program.  The resulting file from a 10 min pass,
recording the whole FCD passband, is about 250MB.  Below is a link to a sample
from this morning.  The bird was in the sun, so it's transmitting continually,
making things easier.

This sample isn't perfect, but it's pretty good.  It was made using my "low"
array, which is a M2 2MCP14 configured for RHCP.  There is a good ARR preamp at
the antenna.   When in the clear, it's quite good--but much of the pass is
through the house and/or trees....

You can play it back using HDSDR (google it).  If you've never played with SDR,
you have some reading to do :)  This isn't a "How To" but rather a "here it is
if you want it."  (The imminence of another academic year prevents me from
doing a write-up with instructions...sorry.)

The recording was made with NO correction for Doppler.   About a minute into
the recording (click to fast forward, back up, etc...it's slick) you'll see
signals--CW telemetry, the BPSK telemetry, the linear transponder, and the FM
voice channel.  Move around, change modes, listen, etc. Back up at will, just
with a click.

If the bug really bites you, you can install Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) and have
HDSDR use it as the output, and then configure a decoding program (like
ARISSatTLM or MMSSTV) to decode telemetry and/or SSTV pics using VAC as the
input.  It's neat.  You can print SSTV without tuning for Doppler on playback.
That's not the case for the BPSK telemetry!

The file is BIG, nearly 250MB...

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9vJkMVYq-VOYjM5NTNiZDYtODMyMS00NjE4LTlhYWEtNWNlZmQ1YWI4ODRi&hl=en_US&pli=1

Have at it :)

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]