Hii all,

ARISSAt-1 voice telemetry just now:

00:27z 8/21/2011 received at CM98

MET 42 min
IHU Temp = +30c

Control panel temp = +20c

Battery 3??? (lost to QSB)

Battery current ??? ma

SSTV picture followed (a real one this time, not pre-recorded!), then off.

00:29z 8/21/2011 received at CM98

MET = 45 min
IHU Temp = +31c
Control panel temp = +20c
Battery 35.66v
Battery current -8ma

This was followed by 2 min off, and another voice announcement, children
chanting, and then off again to LOS.

So, a question...  Why, when the spacecraft is in full sun, is the battery
current negative?  I'm guessing that there some orientations that will not
supply sufficient power for operations.  If so, what happens when we lose the
battery altogether?  Reset?  Or is there a shedding of load first when the
voltage drops?

Greg  KO6TH