One thought would be to copy and use the keps from any geostationary satellite visible from your location. At least the Doppler would not be shifting.

John  WA4WDL

From: "Ronald G. Parsons" <w5...@w5rkn.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 4:21 PM
To: "AMSAT-BB" <AMSAT-BB@amsat.org>
Subject: [amsat-bb] SarPC32 and local repeater

Since I use the same radio (Icom IC-910H) for both satellite and local UHF/VHF repeaters, I’d like to be able to have SatPC32 automatically switch over the radio to satellite mode when a satellite is in view, and switch back to the repeater after LOS.

I seems it should be possible to use “Automatic sat change ON” and have a dummy satellite in the satellite list configured to a local repeater. When a real satellite comes into view, SatPC32 would switch to that and when no real satellites are in view, the dummy satellite (repeater) would become active.

My first idea would be to have the dummy satellite in the lowest satellite priority, and a dummy keps entry which would have the dummy satellite always in view. However, I don’t know how to construct such a keps element.

Perhaps there is a more elegant way. Suggestions?

Ron W5RKN