On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 00:32:36 +0200
"i8cvs" <domenico.i8...@tin.it> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just for curiosity please look at this 6800 uF electrolitic capacitor
> purchased in Cina !
>
> http://sinocom.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=2124&d=1302278111
>
> The left capacitor is encapsulated in original conditions while the right
> capacitor has
> been decapsulated.

This is old, old stuff.  The backstory to is is that it's an *American* device,
not Chinese, and it was done that way to disguise fitting a more modern
capacitor into a vintage amplifier.

I can't remember why they went with 2200μF instead of 6800μF - possibly the guy
that did it felt that 2200μF was adequate.  It was over a decade ago when I
first saw it along with the writeup ;-)

--
Gordon JC Pearce MM0YEQ <gordon...@gjcp.net>