From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Tim Goodrich
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 4:12 PM
To: 'AMSAT-BB'
Subject: [amsat-bb] need resources to set up new az/el rotor

Hi All,

I'm very excited as I just picked up a Yaesu G5400B controller and Kenpro
az/el rotator this morning at an estate sale for $80 total. Took it home,
hooked it up, and it works great. As this is my first time using any kind of
rotator, a couple of questions:

1)      What is the best computer interface to get? I intend to use this for
automatic control with HRD or SatPC32

2)      I don't think I can post a picture to this listserve, but can
someone who knows their rotators email me so I can send you a pic? I'd like
to find out what model rotator I have. All I see are the numbers 7501-004.

3)      Can someone send a link for good instructions on how to set this
thing up in regard to synchronizing the controller and rotator (so the
degrees on the controller match in real life)?

Thanks for the help.

Tim

K6TW

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended
recipient, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the
message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank
you.