Hi Dick,

I think the delay is the result of the timer circuit that was mandatory for its
release during the spacewalk from the ISS.   The delay timer had to be there,
and there is no way to defeat it, so it just has to run its course every time
it exits eclipse.

As you have probably noticed, the orbit is changing (precessing?) so for a week
or two conditions are favorable in your QTH, then it changes so that the bird
spends much of the overhead time either in eclipse, or just after eclipse and
the bird isn't transmitting.  The good news is that it will "come around again"
so that conditions are favorable at a given QTH.

As an admitted telemetry nut myself, it's painful to know the bird is at high
elevation over my QTH, yet no telemetry is being sent or received...but it'll
come back around :)

The truly painful days will be when it's re-entering...doubt we'll get press
like UARS!

73,

Mark N8MH