On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:30:02 +0000 (UTC)
Bob- W7LRD <w7...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I notice when AO-7 is out there at 4000km I can notice the delay in cw from
> my monitor to the 8000km round trip to and from AO-7.  Kind of shades of
> AO-40 (sobsob) when the delay was really noticable, and when we listened to
> ourselves (ssb) we had to turn down the rx volume a little as no to sound
> like a babbling fool.

I must try that!

On the "babbling fool" thing, try using DMR radios (Mototrbo, Hytera) with the
500ms processing delay:
"Radio cheeeee uh one t- uhm uhubbuh..." tail off into incoherence.  Of course
since your mike is still open and the receiver is right beside it, you get this
King Tubby delay feedback echo, Lee Scratch Perry thing going on.

--
Gordon JC Pearce MM0YEQ <gordon...@gjcp.net>