Aaah Trevor, you raise another important issue!

It is the convention (I can't cite the international rules here) that all communication/telemetry satellites have the ability to be commanded off. Clearly the Sprites don't presently have that capability.

Additionally, I don't believe that just because they are in the unlicensed bands, that they would be permitted to use those bands in space. But I'm not clear here. Perhaps an experimental license could be granted to operate in space by our FCC but that would only be good over the US. Again the command/control issue comes into play.

I have had several emails with Zac and he's very receptive to getting our comments. I also encouraged him to forge ahead while trying to understand some of these sticky issues. His concept surely would push the envelope of current Amateur communications and satellite "art" and that's worthy of this efforts.

What will be interesting is the reported 10 mw telemetry beacon being used by SRMSAT, since that's the EIRP the Sprite is planning to have. So a "real" test at that power level is eminent. Good luck on the launch!!!

Regards...Bill - N6GHz