First, my sincere apologies...I think I managed to resend the entire digest
to the list.  I HATE it when people do that but now I know how easy it is to
do accidentally.  Sorry.

----

Now to what I was going to say:  I have the SSB SP-2000 and I'm also very
happy with it.  It seems to do auto RF switching well down to under 2
watts.  (Some auto-switching are only spec'ed to switch down to 8 or 10W).
 It also bypasses itself if you just cut the power (to be expected, I
guess).  I'm using it with a second power feedline (which you can connect
with a PL259) since I don't happen to have 13.8V phantom power available.
On the other hand, it is about the most expensive 2m preamp you can find :-(

Where to get it in the US?  ssbusa.com appears to be a distributer.  No one
answered the phone, and they never returned my call.  Another vendor (take
it from whence it came) said they were phasing out.  But in any case, Array
Solutions was very helpful and fast and sent me my SP-2000 in a very short
time.  As I recall I had to talk to them on the phone since they did not
have the SSB stuff fully integrated into their web site yet, but it was
worthwhile.  Array Solutions also advertises in QST :-)

Burns, W2BFJ