-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK)
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 2:36 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Odd Satellite problem

Hi Michael!

> I am having a problem hearing the downlink of any SSB satellites on 440.
>
> <snip>
>
> It is 21:10 UTC and I just finished trying to work FO-29 from CN87 (20:59
> 21:17), and again no luck.  I sent my call out on 145.950, but nothing
back.
> Checked the ARRL satellite tracking site and it appears I have the correct
> keps installed.  I went outside and checked the bearing of the antenna.
> Seems ok.

FO-29 is currently off.  Since it was the only current SSB/CW satellite with
a 70cm downlink, we will have to hope that FO-29 can be reactivated in
the near future.  Otherwise, there's VO-52 with a 2m downlink and AO-7
with its alternating 2m and 10m downlinks if you're trying to work SSB,
or you can try for the transponder on ARISSat-1 (70cm up/2m down).

If you want to work FM, you have AO-51 as well as AO-27 (afternoon
passes only) and SO-50 that are available - all with 70cm downlinks.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/