From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Stefan Wagener
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:42 AM
To: Kevin Deane
Cc: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: New Sats

Yes,

Kevin, point made. The only way we can change that is by working closely
together with these projects and having a tangible influence in their hardware
and software development. Out of curiosity, I always wondered why AMSAT would
not offer semi complete communication packages, (Data, Rx, Tx) for cubesats for
sale, which automatically would have a set of interesting protocols, tools and
options embedded.
Using RF components from DataTech or Radiometrix would potentially simplify the
task. The end user could spend more time and effort focusing on experiments and
other additional payload.
Don't know if AMSAT ever did a market analysis for this. However, it might
something to consider as a proof of concept for FOX or other following cubesats
by AMSAT.

Stefan, VE4NSA