Recently my G5500 azimuth function became very sluggish, then finally stopped. Removed the Oscar antennas and rotors today, and disassembled the azimuth rotor, removing the motor from the gear assembly. When I select "left" or "right" on the control box, the motor turns about 1/4 revolution then stops and makes a fairly loud 60 Hz buzzing sound. Nice electrical smell too! So, I figure the motor is shot, but could it be the capacitor instead? Not sure what the symptoms would be.

(This azimuth motor was last replaced in 2005.)

Ken, W7KKE