Hi Jeff!

> I was curious what the standard was for Logbook of the World (LoTW)
> reporting. Which band do you log your QSO with, Uplink or Downlink?

The standard should be what is shown in N5JB's helpful PDF
for satellite operators using LoTW.  It is available from the
ARRL web site:

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/N5JB.pdf

The BAND field should be the uplink band.  The FREQ field is
not mandatory for LoTW, but it can also be uploaded to show
the uplink frequency you used.

> I've been seeing mix results coming back via LoTW, where HRD Log defaults to
> using the downlink frequency although I've had some QSO's report back using
> the uplink. I do also log the satellite, mode and propagation type.

The PROP_MODE and SAT_NAME fields must be present for a
QSO to be a satellite QSO in LoTW.  Make sure the satellite
name matches with the list at the bottom of the LoTW FAQ page:

https://p1k.arrl.org/lotw/faq

Otherwise, LoTW may try to match that up as a non-satellite QSO.
Again, N5JB's document does a great job of explaining things
related to satellite operators using LoTW.

When I made my first uploads to LoTW earlier this year, I only
uploaded the seven fields as listed on the top of page two in
N5JB's PDF.  I had several thousand satellite QSOs I wanted
to upload, along with the setup in TQSL for dozens of station
locations and getting all the certificates for my call signs.
Once the initial setup was done, and I had those QSOs in the
system, it has been easy to keep up with the uploads for
subsequent activity.  I now include the 3 optional fields (uplink
frequency, downlink band and frequency) in my LoTW uploads
to have a more-complete QSO record - even though those
additional fields have no effect on what becomes a QSL in LoTW.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/