pardon my caps lock on my post, I thought I was on the AO51 afternoon pass and I was yelling at the bird!
in reference to the "lapsed" call heard on AO-51:
Apparently several people heard/worked the station in question, the lapse could be an oversight or someone picked up this persons call. Based on what I heard the operator had been around the satellites previously. Maybe some one around him locally can ask him if he knows that the call has lapsed. The old FCC data base had him located in Alabama and he was giving out a grid locator of EL98, maybe he moved and lost track of his renewal date. We can give him the benefit of doubt until some one can ask if he knows that the license is shown as lapsed and recommend that he cease operation until he clears it up, altho' at the speed of government now-a-days that could be a while!

well I said previously that was my two cents worth I guess i'm up to a nickle now!