What frequency is this for?

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 10/29/2011 1:43 PM, Bob Bruninga wrote:
Bob, You might want to consider a Helical antenna
for your mobile station. It would have less wind
drag and easier to rotate.
Actually, I'm beginning to think we will build our own dish.  I have a 5' solid
metal dish.  I think we will just use it as a form and lay in some copper strips
evry 4 inches or so in one dimension, then overlay say, #12 copper wire every
1" in the other direction, and then solder each crossover point.

The result will be a linear polarized 4' dish with very low aerodynamic
crossection.  A little structure behind it and is it should handle 70 MPH
easily.

I think 1/4" wide copper strap is used for winding some big motors, and should
be easy to find.  Using the flat strap for the supports gives a nice soldering cross
point.

We need the 4' dish to close the link when the balloon is 20 miles up.  I dont
think we can get that with a helix.  My guess is the dish will give us about 24
dBi vertically polarized with a beamwidth of about 10 degrees?

Bob, WB4APR