The difficulty with mast mounted preamplifiers is that they have to be selected for a
specific electromagnetic environment.
If your environment is "hot" with a lot of ham activity, local pagers and FAA stations, the preamp may not be able to handle all of the RF, unless it is suitably narrow banded.

Some preamplifiers are broadband and some are narrow band, where you will be operating.
If your environment is quiet, most any preamplifer will work well.
If your RF environment is NOT quiet, you have to limit the preamp RF pass band for your activity. Otherwise too much RF gets into it and raises the noise floor, reducing the S/N

Last time I tested a ICOM 2M preamp, it performed well, less than 1 dB NF with pro test gear.

What does your RF environment look like ?

Stan, W1LE    FN41sr     Cape Cod