How about plain old clay?     Toy store should have it

Along the same line, smooth peanut butter?

K7TRK

-----Original Message-----
From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of WILLIAMS MICHAEL
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 3:09 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Etching a KLM RHCP/LHCP PCB

I've completed and etched one side#1 of the PCB with Press and Peel.

Side#2 needs to be etched. the artwork is very basic and can be completed by
hand and Rub-On Etch Resist. I had to drill 8 alignment holes to help line
up the artwork to each side.

Question #1:
 I don't want the etching solution to leach through the holes. I had some
donuts to cover the holes, but they are so old that the glue is no good. Is
there anything that can temporarily fill or cover the holes until side #2 is
completed?

Question #2:
 Has anyone used clear packing tape to cover the areas where the copper is
to be protected or will the etching solution just eat it up with the copper?

You have to admit this isn't a typical AMSAT-BB question. In projects before
this, I just used side #2 as the ground plane.

73,

Mike (K9QHO)