Exactly!  This is what I use, although I do use an RS-232 serial interface
port on my PC but you could use a USB to RS-232 converter.  It only has
idiot lights to let you know that it is doing something, your rotator
controller shows you the rest.  It's kind of like having an invisible set
of fingers controlling the switches!

And if things get hung up, you can power off your rotator and power it
back on and the ST-1 won't keep trying to move the antenna.  My KCT would
not let go until you shut down the tracking program, which was annoying
because IF the antennas get hung up for some reason I didn't want them
moving when I powered the rotator back on, what I needed to do was move
them back the other way!

Jerry
NØJY