From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Clint Bradford
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 15:02
To: AMSAT BB
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Ao-51 at 2100z today

>> ... how do you all write down callsigns?

I am not sure what your problem is. I mean ...

-one hand for the Yagi
-one hand for the radio
-one hand for the speaker-mic
-one hand for the clipboard
-one hand for the pencil
-one hand for the tall glass of iced tea
-one hand for your smartphone with its satellite tracking program running

(grin)

I will sometimes use a smartphone voice recorder app to record passes, for
later review. In a shirt pocket,
to free up my other six hands.

Additionally, I have built a little tray wide enough to accommodate my HT on
the boom of my Yagi. Helps
free another hand, as well as "counter-balancing" the front-heavy antenna.
Photos at ...

http://web.me.com/clintbradford/k6lcs/Photos/Photos.html

http://web.me.com/clintbradford/Work-Sat/My_Gear.html

Clint Bradford, K6LCS