----- Original Message -----
From: "John Geiger" <aa...@fidmail.com>
To: "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:10 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] FO29 status

> Is there any hope for FO29 to come back to life, or is it dead for good?
> It was the only linear Mode J, and would be great to come back to life.
>
> 73s John AA5JG

Hi John, AA5JG

FO29 is not the only linear mode satellite and you can actually use
OSCAR-7 and VO52 in Mode-B with great signals in 2 meters.

Day after yesterday on the ascending orbit Nr 35527 I was in
contact with IW6OVD chatting in SSB for 12 minutes only with
him the full orbit like on the telephone.

IW6OVD posted a mp3 file of the above QSO at the following
address:

http://hamradio.selfip.com/iw6ovd/VO-52.mp3

If you haven't worked either of these two historic satellites,AO7
and VO52, do it NOW!

73" de

i8CVS Domenico