Just recently I have been having troubles with a neighbor while I am working
the FM satellites(SO-50 and AO-27). The setup I am currently using is my mobile
setup because I am unable to put a base station up for many reasons. I am using
a FT8900 with 50 watts out into a 1/4 wave or 1/2 Larson mobile antenna.The 1/4
wave is mounted permanently via a hole in the roof of my truck an the 1/2 wave
is mounted on a mount opposite the factory installed FM/AM radio whip. It
doesn't seem to matter what antenna I use for the problem to occur. Then I use
either the arrow antenna or my cju for the downlink.

The problem occurs while I am transmitting. The neighbor says that his tv
receives the interference in that the picture is disturbed and sometimes cuts
out completely. He is getting his tv from hdtv over the air. He has an antenna
in the attic that goes to a powered splitter which then goes to several tvs.
That is about all i know on his setup but I do know that if he cuts the power
to the splitter he receives nothing. Also the problem seems to be on every
channel.

Today I had another local ham over at the request of the neighbor and his
mobile Kenwood radio did the same thing to the neighbors tv when he transmitted
on 2 meter with 50 watts out. He also recommended that they get a filter. I did
not see the specs on the filter nor do I know what bandwidth it was for.

If anyone has any ideas on what would solve this problem and could share that
would be great.

Catch you on the birds

Wyatt AC0RA