I've been wondering if the issue is not lack of interest but lack of
education and marketing.  If newer hams were to see and understand the
benefits of a store-and-forward PacSat, I believe you'd see a level of
support as strong as days passed.  I have been playing with
terrestrial packet and digital modes for 20 years and the thought of
exchanging messages via satellite excites me.  Unfortunately I did not
partake in the PacSats' capabilities when they were functional.

73
Clayton
W5PFG