AMSAT area coordination Clint Bradford K6LCS will again be
attending and demonstrating working ham satellites with minimal
equipment at the third annual Desert Radio Amateur Transmitting
Society's HamFest on Saturday, January 28, 2012.

"Although we have recently lost two FM ham satellites - AO-51 and
ARISSat-1 - we still have "easy birds" of AO-27, SO-50, and the
ISS to work with minimal equipment," Clint reports.

"We have tentative passes of AO-27 and SO-50 in the afternoon
to work during the Hamfest."

If you are interested in working one of these passes with Clint,
download his four-page tutorial with frequency tables at ...

http://www.work-sat.com

Clint will have info at his table on working the satellites with just your
handheld radio, as well as info about the upcoming ARISS project in
April: students at Riverside's Flabob Airport are gearing up to speak
with an astronaut aboard the ISS.

Hamfest Web site: http://desertrats.am

/end/