----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary "Joe" Mayfield" <gary_mayfi...@hotmail.com>
To: "'AMSAT'" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:36 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] LOTW Satellites from the Old Days

> One of my winter projects is to get all of my OSCAR contacts back to 1989
> in LOTW.  Unfortunately, my older logs are not available.
>
> What are folks doing about contacts made on RS-10/11?  My log book says
> RS-10/11 and LOTW wants either RS-10 or RS-11 and I really don't have a
> way to tell which?  The same conundrum applies to RS-12/13, but it appears
> I logged most of them as RS-13 for some reason.
>
> Thanks and 73,
>
> Joe kk0sd

Hi Joe,

Beginning from OSCAR-6 up to AO40 I have all my QSO recorded on
a professional tape recorder REVOX A77 using 1/4" tape winded in many
and many big coils each 10.63 " in diameter and so I can enjoy to hear time
to time the voice of my old satellite friends and as well the CW ROBOT
of the RS satellites.Before to start any QSO I mention on tape the name of
the satellite the orbit numbar and the date, just for record along with the
log on paper.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico