The CHIBIS-M research satellite is to launch to the ISS/MKC on the Progress
cargo mission of 25/26 January.

The payload is a scientific satellite to be deployed from the ISS/MKC to study
the magnetic field in the auroral zone.

It follows a long tradition of magnetosphere studies dating back to Sputnik-3,
which (you will recall) nearly beat Van Allen to the detection of the eponymous
Belts.

There will be a CW telemetry downlink of control/housekeeping data to the
Kolibri-2000 standard on a frequency around 435 MHz.

I'll post further info if/when I get it. Meanwhile there's a ton of info in
Russian at:

http://chibis.cosmos.ru/index.php?id=1674

73 de andy G0SFJ