Sorry David, I was giving "southern" prices.  :))))))

Steve

David Upton wrote:

I would tend to be slightly more positive. The decoders, while known to fail after a static shock, are old line 4k CMOS. These are still around at fleas and so forth. The X51 series is a solid workhorse IF the switching supply (internal) is OK. Some were good, some were bad and stayed that way. The flourescent display supply is probably subject to electrolytics drying out over time given the age of the radio. I still have mine as a back-up and because it was part of a terrestrial record. It definitely can use a preamp as can almost every all-mode ever created. But it isn't a bad radio at the right price. Here in NE, they are still hovering around $200 or more depending on condition. David, WB1CMG
Mont Vernon, NH 03057
FN42DV