From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Joseph Armbruster
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:27 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org BB
Subject: [amsat-bb] ARISSat-1 Keplerian Element Analysis

Everyone,

I started digging into the ARISSat-1 Keplerian Elements in more details.
See some of my effort here:

http://libjoe.blogspot.com/2012/02/arissat-1-keplerian-element-analysis.html

Right now I am generating some basic plots but I wish to do much more with
this, such as:

- intersect this with the telemetry data - there are many ways to do this
the first will be plotting temperature values along the line of orbit as the
satellite entered / exited eclipse
- maybe generate a few fly-by videos that show line-of-site to a particular
station that was receiving telemetry / sstv at that particular time

If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to share them.  I am
really excited right now because I am using my code and made my first
correct plots this evening!

If we knew (or could predict) the satellites orientation at a particular
moment, I could drop in a model of ARISSat-1 into the scene and orient it
correctly.

I think this will be a great way to interactively visualize what happened
during the satellites lifetime.

Joseph Armbruster, KJ4JIO