At 07:38 PM 2/23/2012, KE7OSN wrote:

I have a few Windows computers running the AGW Packet Engine as a Software
TNC. I would like to find something that provides similar functionality but
for Linux. I am hoping someone out there uses a Linux computer with a
software TNC for satellites, but if nothing else would like the find out
what people are using software or hardware.

Linux has the software packet modems and AX.25 support in the kernel (though you usually have to reompile the kernel to access them on modern distros). I'm not sure how to setup Linux packet these days, as the howtos are very old. I recall experimenting with the Linux soundcard modem many years ago with a lot of success.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com