Hello everyone,

Here a news item which would be too late if we waited for the weekend AMSAT
News Service ANS bulletin cycle:

Perhaps our friends in range of Europe would be interested in ...

DL, GERMANY
     DQ0STRATEX is a special event call on the occasion of the stratospheric
     balloon project (StratexB) planned for March 2012 by the local DARC
     clubs Duelmen (N28) and Luedinghausen (N29). They plan to send an
     amateur radio load, consisting of an APRS and a speech beacon, to the
     stratosphere with this balloon project. Another payload will be added
     by the HAMs of the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Bremen (I04) with
     an experimental ADS-B receiver. The special event station DQ0STRATEX is
     active in all modes on all bands between Jan 13,2012, and Jan 31, 2013,
     handing out the special DOK STRATEXB. They have two balloon missions
     planned, on Mar 10 around 0930 UTC and on Mar 24 around 1600 UTC,
     both starting on the airport at Borkenberge near Luedinghausen.
     The APRS beacon is transmitting on 144.800 MHz and the speech beacon
     in FM on 430.375 MHz. SWL reports are highly appreciated (also online).
     QSL cards via DK4REX. See also: http://www.darc.de/distrikte/n/29

[ANS thanks the DXNL 1770 - Mar 7, 2012 DX Newsletter for the above
information]

--
73 de JoAnne K9JKM
k9...@amsat.org