From: "John Papay" <j...@papays.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 17:30
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Satellite Recordings 2 Year Anniversary

Today marks the two year anniversary of my satellite
recordings website. Since March 18th, 2010, there have
been about 2800 recordings posted totalling about 1.9Gb.

AO-51 is the most recorded satellite with 1358 files. It
was a great bird and its demise was a great loss to the
satellite community. But the sound from it is preserved.
It's interesting to go back and listen to some of the older
recordings to see what has changed and what has not changed.

AO-27 is the second most popular with about 920 recordings. They
are all edited to remove the part of the pass that is either silent
or contains telemetry.

HO-68 is another bird which we all miss. There are 86 pass
recordings to remember it by. Likewise there are 69 recordings
of SO-67, a bird you could hear easily with a rubber duck antenna.

There are linear bird recordings as well but I don't post many
since you have to tune around to pick up qso's and then stay
with them for a bit. But they are there and some show how much
like HF a linear bird can sound like when someone like UT1FG/MM
shows up from a wet grid.

Now that VO-52 is back on I'll try to post some recordings of
that one as well.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue to post these recordings.
Many that could benefit from them don't know they are there.

73,
John K8YSE