At 09:47 PM 4/10/2012 -0400, mryan...@comcast.net wrote:
Hello Vincent,

I ran across an old posting of yours below.

I have the same problem (cost me a lot of ladder work before I figured out that it was the 2M amp causing my desense or “hash”). Did you ever find a workaround that let you use the 2M amp in line?

Regards,

Mike Ryan
WB1AAT

Hi Mike,

No I haven't solved my desense issue, but it really isn't an issue for me on the LEO satellites. It was more a pain when we had Phase III birds as their downlink signals were a lot weaker. Others with mode J desense issues have tried putting a duplexer between the antenna and preamp and had success removing the desense. You might try that.

I'm also including this to the Amsat-BB list because there might be others with some idea's you can explore.

73, KB7ADL