On 24/04/12 23:31, Ted wrote:
Yeah, that's right....one certainly wouldn't take the unselfish high road
and just let the disabled athletes have the air for 10 days or so. Playing
with your ham radio is much more important than that...

You may be missing the point a little.

This has been widely trumpeted in the more US-centric mailing lists as "everyone in the UK is banned from 70cm for ever!!111!!!"

Maybe *you* should stay off 70cm too, just in case by some chance a freak of propagation causes your signal to scoot across the pond and interfere with the London olympic games. Note that I say *London* olympics. That's because they're (mostly) in London. The exclusion zone is around London, too.

Notice where London is? It's in the south of England. Notice my callsign at the end of each email I send? Where is it from?

You are closer to San Francisco by a comfortable margin than I am to London. How well do you manage to work into Fresno on 70cm?

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ