  From: Stefan Wagener
  To: i8cvs
  Cc: Peter Guelzow ; Amsat - BBs
  Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 9:26 AM
  Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: European Lunar Lander - Call for Declarations

  Thanks folks,

  That's a very helpful and constructive discussion. It will certainly allow
for better assessment of the feasibility, options and limitations.

  Stefan, VE4NSA

  On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM, i8cvs <domenico.i8...@tin.it> wrote:

    Hi Peter, DB2OS

    I was reading the document in particular point 2.2.2
    Communication and 2.2.3 but in my opinion the Radio
    Hams are off side because everyting has been already
    designed and in my opinion there is no room available
    on the Lander for a Moon-Earth experimental communication
    transponder in our L band and S band because our antennas
    are too big.

    Since the main 7.2 and 8.5 GHz X band High Gain Antennas
    of the Lander are oriented toward the Earth in a fixed position
    to compensate the pointing for libration probably only a 5 watt
    pep and a circularly polarized horn on our 10.5 GHz should be
    possible.

    73" de

    i8CVS Domenico