Phillip,
You have already gotten really good advice from others on FD operation, but I
will offer one nugget from my experience:  if you feel the pressure to make
that one satellite contact for the club, here is my recommendation for the
highest probability for success:
- pick an ascending pass of FO-29, preferably to your East (at AOS it will be
mostly over the Atlantic Ocean)
- pick a frequency at least 5 kHz above the center's downlink with Doppler (at
AOS this will be about 8 + 5 = 435.863 MHz)
- assuming you are not using PC-control, set your trasnmit 5 kHz below the
uplink center and call CQ
- be ready for the pile-up from the dozen 4-call stations in FL who will all
call you at the same time

You have about 60 seconds before the NE and mid-west get into the window...
after that, just play the downlink audio for the audience.

73 es GL,
Jerry, K5OE