Wyatt did all the heavy lifting for this unique, perhaps record-setting QSO.
He woke up at 3am, drove to a portable hilltop location, and set up his
station.  All I had to do was sip my coffee and give him a signal report.  The
QSO was remarkably easy, we talked to each other for over a minute with strong
sigs.  I was expecting maybe 15 seconds of a signal way down in the noise, but
this was no sweat at all, and it was just our first attempt.  This suggests
that significantly longer distances are possible.  The AO-7 orbit seems a bit
different this summer, my North America windows are longer and extend deeper
into the USA, not sure why.

Thanks again, Wyatt.

73, Bill OM3BD/NZ5N