Norm,

I use an Elk log periodic for AO-7 and all my other satellite work. I am
able to work passes to the predicted LOS time, subject to local
surroundings.
I was only able to work down to 4 or 5 degrees elevation with my Arrow
dual-band Yagi, before I switched to the Elk. You can see this setup
in action working satellites - including AO-7 mode B - in some of
my videos at: http://youtube.com/va7ewk

For AO-7 in mode A, the Elk is my 2m antenna, and a Buddipole dipole
on its tripod and telescoping mast is used for the 10m downlink.
Since this requires more setup, and the 10m downlink is weaker
than the 2m downlink, I don't work mode A very much.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/