Thanks for all the suggestions. I found my problem was rain on my homebrewed
double moxon. I haven't had time to take it down and see if I can repair it as
it worked quite well.  but I just bought an m2 eggbeater for 70 cm that should
be much more reliable at the vacation qth. Things had been working fine with a
few contacts on the home brew antenna until the rains came.
73
Rick
W2JAZ

Sent from my iPad