On 8/2/2012 2:00 PM, amsat-bb-requ...@amsat.org wrote:
I had a 5500 azmith rotator lockup over winter. I finally had time to
take it down and find the problem. Now a different problem. I forgot to
mark the housing position before separating the upper/lower azmith
assemblies. I think I know where it was pointed, but how can I tell
where it should be aligned? Is this really a non issue?

It really is an issue as to how it goes back together because of the way the AZ and EL motors are mounted on the L-bracket. You can tell which way the top should go on by connecting the motor and the pot to the controller box and stopping it at zero (N). Then install the case so that the limit dog is exactly halfway between the limit switches. That should have the cross boom pointing east and west and the antennas pointing north.

73,

Tom