I was getting ready for a pass today and heard a very disturbing
signal in the 70 cm satellite band (435.84MHz). The signal was very
strong. The signal was at least 500KHz wide (max range on spectrum
scope). The the spectrum looked like FM but the recording was made
with the receiver set to usb mode. I checked the signal on two
different receivers (IC-7000 and IC-7600 with a 70cm converter)  to
make sure it was not a internal birdie of some sort. During the pass
it wiped out the sat when it was on. Fortunately it went away after
about an hour. I am fairly sure it was terrestrial as the signal level
did not change over the hour. Since it was on for only very short
periods of time it was impossible to point the beam at it.

Any help identifying the signal type would be appreciated.

http://www.tomdoyle.org/RX-8-12-2012-435.84MHz%20-%20USB.WAV

tnx & 73 W9KE Tom Doyle