I have been following most of the recent post's on Sat usage and I gather the
main topic was the lack of use on the linear bird's. I think working the FM
sat's (or lack of) are always fun and always have been. I am dying to work AO-7
for sure and VO-52, FO-29 but gave up trying to do so without the right
equipment. I tried several times with an FT-857 and presets, heard people many
time's but could not keep up with tuning and punching button's. Frustration
overcame my desire to even try, knowing mostly that without the proper rig's I
was just not going to fulfill my aching for these wondrous long passes with
more than just a grid exchange.

Which brings me to the point: Lack of money, you can get on the FM bird's with
an Arrow and a Hand Held, I get a minute or so on my mobile! So what is the
cheapest "proper" entry on the linear birds? Full duplex I found very nice on
the FM sat's though I do not always have that luxury. An 857 run's what 8-900
buck's and I do not think even two of those would be very good?

Let's change the topic a bit and ask the elmer's how to help us younger and or
newer guy's get on the Linear Satellite's instead of reminiscing what once was
or the lack of use of these great bird's that still live!!!

Kevin
KF7MYK