On 09/24/2012 08:07 PM, Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:
As it turns out there IS no launch fund for any HEO satellite for me to
contribute to.

Incorrect.

http://www.amsat-dl.org/index.php/spendendonations-topmenu-125

I've given to AMSAT-NA, -DL, and -UK, and am members of -NA and -UK. I'd
be a member of -DL, but my wife gets tired of me asking what this and
that means in Deutsch.

73, Drew KO4MA

I will admit, I was speaking about AMSAT-NA specifically, but failed to say so. I have also hesitated to join AMSAT-DL simply because I can't understand the language. I've previously been a member of AMSAT-NA and AMSAT-UK.

I am not averse to rejoining AMSAT-NA (because NA is closer to me than UK) but frankly, I am not convinced that the policies being followed will result in more/better/any satellites that I can actually use. As has been pointed out here very recently, the new AMSAT-NA mission statement does not even mention the word "communications".

--
73, de Gus 8P6SM
The Easternmost Isle